After what seems like months of never-ending winter in central Ohio, summer is here (for sure!) and so is all the fun comes along with it! We’ve put together a list of our favorite summer activities throughout central Ohio so we can take full advantage of the great weather.
- Outdoor Markets – Central Ohio has a plethora of farmers markets to visit on the weekdays and weekends. Some of our favorites are the Dublin Bridge Park Farmers Market, the Worthington Market and the Powell Street Market (which has way more than just fruits and veggies – think handmade jewelry, art, boutique trucks and more) coming up on July 15th.
- Clippers Games – Huntington Park is in a prime location downtown and offers picturesque views of the city. There are also fun theme nights, including my personal favorite, “Dime a Dog” night. If you’re the type to stay for a few innings and realize baseball isn’t necessarily your thing, there’s tons to do around the stadium in the Arena District. If you’ve already paid for parking, you might as well stay and enjoy a night out!
- Outdoor Concerts – Whether you’re interested in a bigger space with trendy music, like Express Live, or you want to include your kids for a family-friendly event like the Powell Lolli-Pops! concert series, nothing beats live music in the summer.
- Road Trips – There’s something extra special about taking a road trip during the summer with the windows down and the music blasting. But if you don’t have time to commit to a far away destination, a local road trip trip throughout central Ohio is the perfect option. There are some hidden gems right in our own backyard – like Licking County, one of our personal favorite nearby destinations!
- Outdoor Movies – NightLight 614 hosts a weekly outdoor movie series throughout the summer at Genoa Park (which has fantastic views of downtown). There are food trucks and adult beverages available, so it makes a perfect date night out!
These are just a handful of our favorite summer activities, there’s so much to do it’s hard to narrow the list down. What is your favorite thing to do in Columbus during the summer?